I know its a catchy phrase but what does “shop small” really mean!?! While it is most certainly that cute little top from the boutique on the corner, its also Esty purchases and ordering fingernail stickers from a friend on Facebook or picking up the cutest crafty household decoration from a street fair! Take advantage of every possibility my friends! Shopping small not only promotes growth in your downtown and community it puts much needed cash in the pocket of your friends with a side-hustle for the holidays!!
Here are a few of my favorite things to purchase “Small”:
- Art & Home Decor – this one may be a bit obvious! I love funky art and especially re-purposed items! I pride myself in decorating my home with unique finds that have a story!
- Scarves & Jewelry – almost every single lady on your Christmas list would enjoy receiving a scarf or unique piece of jewelry from a boutique. My mom always finds the best jewelry pieces for me! The possibilities are endless!
- Handmade Products – I am a sucker for almost anything handmade. The thought that someone put something together with their own hands thrills me! My dear Husband makes handmade wood crafts from whiskey barrels! They make fabulous unique gifts, check him out on Etsy at BackyardSpiritsWood (Backyard Spirits Wood Products)!!
- Essential Oils – Yep, I hopped on that fragrant DoTerra bandwagon a long time ago! I order most everything I need from my sister-in-law’s sister-in-law!
- Boutique Clothing – I am not a huge clothes shopper, give me a thrift store or antique shop any day! But I do love a cute little boutique where I can have a conversation with the owner and try on the products they have so carefully picked out for their shop to my heart’s content!
What are you favorite “Shop Small” items???